Have you received a traffic ticket in Atlanta?
As an Atlanta traffic ticket defense attorney, we can guide your case through the court system. Diwan Law will appear in court on your behalf and develop a strategic defense to your charges.
Diwan Law is available to discuss your case in the Atlanta Municipal Court or any traffic court in Georgia.
As a Sandy Springs Traffic Ticket Attorney, Diwan Law fights reckless driving tickets and all other traffic violations in Sandy Springs and the surrounding areas. Contact Diwan Law at 404-635-6883 today for a free consultation.
GEORGIA RECKLESS DRIVING
Georgia considers Reckless Driving a serious traffic violation. If convicted of reckless driving, the court may impose a sentence that includes a fine of up to $1,000.00, up to 12 months in jail, or both. A conviction for reckless driving will also add four points to your license.
Georgia code defines reckless driving is as “any person who drives any vehicle in reckless disregard for the safety of persons or property…” O.C.G.A.§40-6-390.
As for what the law considers “reckless” in terms of driving, there is a myriad of possibilities, but the major actions associated with reckless driving cases include:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Weaving through traffic
- Driving on the shoulder or in the emergency lane
- Failure to obey a traffic control device
- Failure to yield
- Following too close
- Texting while driving
- DUI (even if your blood alcohol content level is below the legal limit, you still could be charged with reckless driving).
Besides the points on your license, a reckless driving conviction will also cause your insurance premium to increase.
Reckless Driving tickets are considered part of your Georgia driving record. Insurance companies will check your driving record and use the information to help determine your chances of having an accident or making an insurance claim. If the insurance companies determine that you are a higher-risk driver, your insurance premium will increase.
As a Sandy Springs traffic ticket attorney, Diwan Law can usually handle your reckless driving case without you having to appear, which will save you precious time.
Contact Diwan Law at 404-635-6883 today for a free consultation with a traffic ticket lawyer.
Have you been charged with driving on a suspended license? You want a skilled Georgia Suspended License Lawyer on your side.
Drivers get their licenses suspended for a variety of reasons. Even though the penalties are severe, many still choose to continue to drive with a suspended license.
Penalties for Driving on a Suspended License
A first conviction for driving on a suspended license will result in between 2 days and 12 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
The penalties for the second or third conviction within five years increase to between 10 days and 12 months in jail and a fine between $1,000.00 and $2,500.00.
Common Causes of Driver’s License Suspensions
- Criminal Convictions-certain criminal convictions can result in license suspension or revocation. These include:
- Driving Under the Influence [“DUI”] of drugs or alcohol
- Driving without insurance
- Vehicular homicide
- Traffic Tickets and Point Suspensions
- If you accumulate 15 or more points in 24 months, your driver’s license will be suspended.
- I suggest that you review your record on the Department of Driver’s Services’ website.
- Failing to Pay Child Support
- An unsatisfied personal injury judgment against you may suspend your driver’s license or driving privilege. O.C.G.A. § 40-9-61
How to Avoid License Suspensions in Georgia
- Do not drive without insurance.
- Make sure to either go to court or pay your tickets. If you don’t, the Georgia Department of Driver Services has the authority to suspend your license.
- Do not drive on a suspended license. If you do and are convicted, there will be an additional six months added to your suspension.
Seeking Help for Driving After Being Charged with Driving on a Suspended License
Always hire a lawyer! Diwan Law will help you think through your options and help you choose your best option.
2 Ravinia Dr NE, Suite 120
Atlanta, GA 30346
We serve clients across Georgia, including, but not limited to, clients in the following locations: Fulton County including Atlanta, Milton, Roswell, and Sandy Springs; Bibb County including Macon; Carroll County including Carrollton; Cobb County including Kennesaw, Marietta, and Smyrna; Coweta County including Newnan; DeKalb County including Brookhaven, Clarkston, Decatur, Dunwoody, and Stone Mountain; Douglas County including Douglasville; Floyd County including Rome; Gwinnett County including Duluth; Habersham County including Cornelia; and Hall County including Gainesville, Cherokee County, Henry County, Forsyth County, and Paulding County.
An Atlanta law firm that provides exceptional service in debt collection litigation defense, civil rights litigation, traffic ticket defense, and more!